Brains. 78% water, 100% delicious.
In this funny and fact-filled picture book, a zombie chef who has sworn off eating brains salivates over this super powerful organ. From learning about how the brain processes messages from our five senses to learning why wrinkly human brains are so much more powerful than smooth mouse brains, this is a hilarious introduction to the organ that does it all.
What an intriguing way to learn how brains work. I like how the author uses a zombie to teach about brains. It makes sense. A zombie would know a lot about brains. I could have done with a little less of her mentioning how yummy brains are.
This book is full of great information on the basics of the brain. The brain is a seriously complex organ that neuroscientists are still learning about today. The back of the book mentions how the study of the brain neuroscience – is a fairly new field of science, and most of what we know about has been discovered in the past decade. We still have a great deal more to learn about this amazing organ.
Here are a few brains facts that I found the most thought-provoking:
- Your brain cant feel pain
- Your brain started forming when you were about half an inch long
- Your brain uses a lot of energy enough to power a lightbulb
- An adult brain is about three pounds
- The human brain has 86 billion neurons and glial cells. Neurons do the work, while glial cells feed and support the neurons.